Endless rubber timing belts for the high-performance sector are either made of polychloroprene or HNBR (hydrogenated nitrile rubber). The drive speed of these belts is transmitted synchronously, i.e. without loss of speed and at a constant gear ratio. A range of different timing belts is available, depending on the type of use, for drives with extreme acceleration forces, for the transmission of high torques at low speeds or for power transmission at high belt speeds.
Different material mixtures are used depending on the performance.
- Dimensionally stable structure and good bending properties
- Synchronous transmission
- Good tear strength
- Quiet running
- Wear- and friction-resistant fabric
- Conditional resistance to oil
- Excellent efficiency for virtually friction-free drives
- Good vibration damping
- Temperature-resistant at maximum -30° C to +130° C
- Electrical conductivity according to ISO 9563
Please refer to the respective data sheet for more detailed properties of the individual timing belts.
Endless high-performance rubber timing belts with HTD (High Torque Drive) profile feature a special tooth height and curvilinear tooth geometry. This timing belt profile is characterised by its excellent prevention of tooth ratcheting and suitability for the transmission of high torques.
The special compounding of CONTI SYNCHROFORCE® high-performance timing belts enables them to be used in completely new fields of application. Their smooth running characteristics make them ideal for the realisation of durable and reliable drive solutions with outstanding efficiency. CONTI SYNCHROFORCE® rubber timing belts are available in a total of three different versions.
- CXP to meet high dynamics demands and high belt speeds of up to 50 m/s,
- CXA specifically for high torques at low speed and belt speeds of up to 20 m/s, and
- EXTREME for use with extreme acceleration forces with impact loads of up to 60 m/s.
Optibelt OMEGA HL high-performance timing belts were specifically developed for drives with high torques and impact-like loads. The backing and teeth are made of aramide fibre-reinforced polychloroprene, and the tension member is made of reinforced glass fibre cord, which is characterised by the following properties:
- good resistance to impact loads
- very high dynamic load capacity
- very low permanent and elastic elongation
The use of the glass fibre tension cord means that up to 15% improved performance can be achieved. Its minimal tension loss ensures that the pitch is maintained and allows the load to be distributed more evenly on the teeth throughout the entire running period.
The Optibelt OMEGA HP high-performance timing belt is suitable for use with highly stressed, low speed and high speed mechanical drives with even load behaviour and no serious impacts. The back and teeth are made of aramide fibre-reinforced polychloroprene, the tension element is made of twisted glass fibre tension members, which have excellent flexibility and low stretch.
The improved materials and optimised material combination are the reason for the excellent performance range of the OMEGA HP.
The STD (Super Torque Drive) profile of the endless manufactured rubber timing belt is characterised by an arch-shaped geometry, which above all ensures optimum tooth meshing. The running precision and quiet running of these endless high-performance rubber timing belts impress even at high belt speeds.
CONTI SYNCHROFORCE®, the high-performance rubber timing belt, boasts a special running property, which distinguishes it above all for use in durable drive solutions in the high-performance range.
The CONTI SYNCHROFORCE® is available in three versions for maximum efficiency, reliability and resistance in all areas of requirement.
- CXP is ideal for the transmission of high power at belt speeds of up to 50 m/s,
- CXA is extremely tear-resistant, stands out on account of is tooth deformation resistance and is therefore suitable for high torques at low speeds of up to 20 m/s, and
- EXTREME was specifically developed for use at extreme acceleration forces of up to 60 m/s.
The CTD profile (Conti Torque Drive) was developed by CONTI as the symbiosis of the HTD and STD profile. The arch-shaped entry geometry combined with raised teeth is how the CTD profile unites the benefits of both profiles.
This endless high-performance rubber timing belt is suitable for high belt speeds with smooth-running properties and the transmission of high torques.
The CONTI SYNCHROFORCE®, the high-performance rubber timing belt, boasts special running properties, with which it demonstrates its specific suitability for use in durable drive solutions in the high-performance range. The CONTI SYNCHROFORCE® comes in three versions for maximum efficiency, reliability and resistance in all areas of requirement.
- The CXP is ideal for belt speeds of up to 50 m/s with the transmission of high power in dynamic applications,
- CXA is extremely tear-resistant coupled with resistance to tooth deformation and is therefore suitable for the reliable transmission of high torques at low speeds of up to 20 m/s, and the
- EXTREME is used with extreme acceleration forces of up to 60 m/s.
The tooth profile H.O.T. (Helical Offset Tooth) combines the advantages of an STD profile with the advantages of the arrow-shaped helical gearing. Thus, self-guidance and noise reduction are the characteristics of the tooth profile.
The teeth are made of synthetic rubber and the fabric has a special treatment. In addition, the material has a high strength and dimensional stability, which ensures an absolutely synchronous power transmission. Thanks to the material used, the profile also provides a conditional resistance to oil, cooling lubricant, heat and ozone. The tension cord consists of an aramid cord.
Overall, the profile shows no aging or appreciable elongation, which usually makes re-tensioning unnecessary. Due to a belt back made of rubber, with a polyester fabric, a high flexibility is given, whereby also counter-bending is no problem for the CONTI SILENTSYNC.
- HOT is temperature resistant, application specific from -40 ° C to + 95 ° C
- The profile is very quiet, conditionally oil-resistant, ozone-resistant, aging-resistant and maintenance-free
- There are an electrical conductivity according to ISO 9563
Data sheet Download